Do you enjoy grilling? With me, the outdoor parties cannot be short of the grill foods, grilled steak, ribs, or burger, for example. It would be best to sear the perfect outside while the inside is medium. Don’t need to rub or spice. Add a bit of olive oil. It is okay!
How? In what way? I prioritize to choose to use the best infrared grill, instead of others. It provides the higher temperature in comparison with the conventional gas grills. Correspondingly, you quickly reach the desired texture.
It takes a certain time to research some of the different infrared grills available online. I then selected a mix of some of the best grills at various different price levels. I then put together this website to post what I learned so that you can quickly and easily access all the info in one place.
What is Infrared Grill?
- What is Infrared Grill?
- How Does Infrared Grill Work?
- Pros & Cons of Infrared Grills
- Best Infrared Grill Reviews
- 1. Char-Broil Performance TRU Infrared 450 3-Burner Cart Liquid Propane Gas Grill
- 2. Char-Broil The Big Easy TRU-Infrared Smoker Roaster & Grill
- 3. Char-Broil Performance TRU Infrared 300 2-Burner Cabinet Liquid Propane Gas Grill
- 4. Char-Broil TRU-Infrared Patio Bistro Gas Grill
- 5. Char-Broil TRU-Infrared Patio Bistro Electric Grill
- 6. Char-Broil Signature TRU-Infrared 325 2-Burner Cabinet Liquid Propane Gas Grill
- 7. Char-Broil Signature TRU-Infrared 420 3-Burner Cabinet Liquid Propane Gas Grill
- 8. Char-Broil TRU Infrared Electric Patio Bistro 180 Grill
- 9. Char-Broil Performance 475 4-Burner Cabinet Liquid Propane Gas Grill
- 10. Solaire SOL-EV17A Everywhere Portable Infrared Propane Gas Grill
- Why Should You Invest an Infrared Grill?
- By What Means Can I Choose a Right Infrared Grill?
- Tips for Using Infrared Grills
- How to Clean Your Infrared Grill Properly
Infrared grills are an advanced grill that has been equipped the infrared technology, by using the infrared heat. This is considered as an alternative to the traditional convection method.
Infrared grills have been used extensively in the restaurant industry for many years. When the infrared grill becomes hotter, it simultaneously provides more infrared heat. It shows that the grills designed this technology will a higher amount of infrared if compared to the normal grills.
You should know that the infrared heat is generated by the flame. Infrared energy is transferred directly from the source to the object being heated without losing much of its energy.
Importantly, the tolerance of the medium does not make the heat limited. It can say that this is a direct cooking method.
How Does Infrared Grill Work?
The operation of the infrared grills is based on emitting the infrared heat in order to cook the food. So, what are infrared waves? Between the visible light waves and microwaves will appear the electromagnetic waves on the electromagnetic spectrum – infrared waves.
Depending on the frequency, there are three main types of infrared waves, in particular, far, mid, and near.
For the near type, a common present is a TV remote control. When you push the button, it will generate the near infrared waves. Nonetheless, this one is not enough for generating the heat to cook the foods. Ideally, it has to mention the far infrared waves because the amount of heat is generated in a significant way.
If the maximum temperature that a gas or charcoal grill can bring is 700 degrees F, the number of the infrared grills can reach up 1600 degrees F.
On the other hand, cooking the foods with charcoal and gas grills, the constantly-moving hot airflow makes the foods become dry out. Inversely, due to using the radiated amount of heat from the solid surface, the infrared grills bring a soft texture when cooking the foods.
It is noticed that heating the air of the infrared grills is similar to those grills, but the air is circulated more. This helps to hold the moisture for the foods. Aside from that, the higher temperature also contributes to cooking everything more quickly.
Pros & Cons of Infrared Grills
Any product also has the certain advantages and disadvantages when using, infrared grills, too. For those of you that just want the lowdown on infrared grills, I have put together a list of pros and cons.
- Higher temperatures – You can sear the foods in a quick way so as to lock in juices.
- Faster heat up time – You will not take more time to start. Starting grilling with the Infrared grills are faster than with conventional gas grills.
- Quicker cooking – Similar to the start time, the grilling time is relatively short, so you can spend more time to enjoy the dishes with your family and friends.
- More efficient – The infrared grills quickly heat up. Some of the people assume that they need to burn plenty of fuel to get that. Nevertheless, it is entirely the opposite. Basically, they also save fuel costs in many ways.
- Better temperature control – Whether you are opening the lid, the temperatures do not also drop as much. Thanks to that, you are easy to maintain the optimum grilling temperatures.
- Safer– While most other grills often flare up in case the grease hit the flame causing burnt, the infrared grills can prevent this problem. You will not worry about your foods burnt by a random flame.
- Better taste – The foods grilled on the infrared grills have full of moisture and are cooked more thoroughly. You will not be able to find the pieces that are over or uncooked compared to the rest. The high heat forces the juices to remain sealed inside the meat, resulting in tastier food, such as grilled steak, seafood, vegetables, burgers, etc.
- The faster the cooking time the faster the cooked foods will also be. Correspondingly, it is necessary to watch your foods during the cooking time in order to avoid over-cooking.
- Most infrared grills have not equipped a lower heat mechanism, so you cannot use it for the low-temperature recipes, vegetables or fish, for example.
- Infrared grills vs. gas grills have the difference of the price. The infrared grills are more expensive. With the models including the additional features, their cost is more $5000.
- Although infrared grills are not difficult to clean, some grills along with the complicated components require maintaining and care more.
Best Infrared Grill Reviews
1. Char-Broil Performance TRU Infrared 450 3-Burner Cart Liquid Propane Gas Grill
You are looking for an infrared grill with the medium size, aren’t you? Well, the Char-Broil Performance TRU Infrared 450 can be one of your suitable options. The product has owned the essential features that the infrared grill that should have.
The first has to say to the TRU Infrared cooking system, which enables you to cook your foods in an even way and control the temperature better. Concurrently, the cold and hot spots will not appear during the cooking process, so you do not take more time to get the perfect dish.
The side burner offers 10,000 BTU’s. There is a reason why the sides and sauces have a good texture. Plus the surefire electronic ignition system, each of the burners is synced. It contributes to providing a credible spark so that you can quickly start.
To cook comfortably, the manufacturer designs a large cooking surface ~ 450 square inches while the warming rack is approximately 150 square inches. You will certainly have a large cooking space.
Plus, the grates are coated a porcelain layer, so it is durable and easy to clean. The burners with the stainless steel allow you to adjust the high or low temperature easily.
Continuously, don’t likely ignore the temperature gauge. You will not be able to control the temperature and heat effectively if it is short of this part. Even, to withstand the outside weather, the lid is made of the steel and the firebox stand is coated porcelain. Yes, you can keep you grilling for your trips.
Indeed, the Char-Broil Performance TRU Infrared 450 can entirely make the consumers satisfied with what it brings. I and you cannot require anymore because this grill has provided the good features in the price range. Let’s add it your shopping list right away!
- Easy to assemble
- The affordable price
- Cook fast
- Start fast
- It cooks meat evenly
- Good for the bucks
- Take a long time to get hot
- The tiny holes in the cooking plate is difficult to clean
2. Char-Broil The Big Easy TRU-Infrared Smoker Roaster & Grill
To continue the success, the Char-Broil has released The Big Easy TRU-Infrared Grill with the dominant features that promise to bring the interesting experiences for the consumers.
Using this infrared grill, both the cooking capacity and function have the certain improvements. Don’t need charcoal or oil, instead, the TRU-Infrared cooking system. Apart from heating evenly, the users can easily eliminate the spots that are hot and cold.
The model has a standard size: 18 x 24 x 36 inches. With this size, cooking a 25-pound turkey is no problem. In addition, it only takes up a small cooking area ~ 180 square inches, so it is pretty compact.
On the other hand, the burner is special. It is placed between the inner and outer wall. This one helps your foods to be cooked in an even way. At once, the hot air escaped out before your foods become dry, so the meat always gets a tender texture.
The manufacturer is generous when providing an ideal temperature control – 9000-18,000 BTU’s and coming with multiple accessories, including, a rotary ignition, meat thermometer, temperature control, stay-cool handle, and tray to collect grease.
The outstanding point makes this model different from the traditional gas grills. The hot airflow is limited while it prioritizes to utilize the natural heat so that you can cook your foods directly.
All in one – you can comfortably roast, grill, and smoke without needing charcoal or oil. Cook the foods evenly. Offer the juicy foods without flare-ups. Importantly, the price is affordable.
- The instructions mark pretty well
- Easy to use and clean
- Be able to cook many a rack of ribs, fish, steaks, and vegetables
- It is very versatile
- Have a good shape
- Heat quickly
- It takes longer than to cook
- Not an easy assembly
3. Char-Broil Performance TRU Infrared 300 2-Burner Cabinet Liquid Propane Gas Grill
You are living in a small space, so a large gas grill is not your priority selection. So, why don’t you try considering the Char-Broil Performance TRU Infrared 300 – a meanly compact model?
Only with a push button, you can sync a burner quickly and reliably. It has owned the infrared technology, so the foods are hotter, but it still makes sure the necessary moist and tender.
As mentioned, this grill is compact. Look! The side shelves are foldable. Even, to avoid rust, it is coated a metal layer. Let’s feel secure! It is easy to mount, thanks to Gear Trax equipped.
You will not meet any difficulties when adjusting the temperatures. Basically, it provides the even heat. The top ported burners are made from the 443 stainless steel to enhance the durability if you often use it for a long time.
Moreover, your cooking also becomes more irreducible when having an enclosed cabinet to store the rubs, grilling tools, wood chips, or sauces. Accordingly, you can save both the preparation space and time during cooking.
It is not all. A good grill cannot lack the temperature gauge. The lid with the steel and the porcelain firebox stand can withstand the outside weather. With this part, you will exactly know the cooking temperature and control it easily.
Finally, the whole 300-square-inch cooking area is coated porcelain to prevent the rust, the warming rack, too. At the same time, clean is also simpler. It means that this grill is suitable for those who like both the look and quality.
- Easy to put it together
- Nice and juicy
- Ideal for a limited space
- Evenly cook
- The infrared really works well
- The reasonable price
- Longer cook meats
- The grates are difficult to clean
4. Char-Broil TRU-Infrared Patio Bistro Gas Grill
Are there the gas grills with the ideal size and strong features? Yes! Yes! The Char-Broil TRU-Infrared Patio Grill is a representative one is designed in a compact way, so it is suitable for the small families.
The product is actually small. The total cooking area is approximately 320 square inches. In there, a primary area is about 80 square inches and a secondary area is approximately 240 square inches.
The next has to mention the TRU-Infrared cooking system, which allows you to cook the foods evenly. Importantly, both the moist and juice is kept in the meats that you do not have to worry about either cold or hot spots.
This is also a mobile grill. You will not meet many difficulties when moving because the manufacturer added two wheels. Beyond that, to hold your accessories, there still has the towel bar. What beneficial!
The durability is necessary for a grill, so the major material is stainless steel. This construction also contributes to bringing a luxurious look. If you need to integrate, there is an easy light ignition for you.
Look at this grill, it seems small, but you can cook from 8 to 12 burgers simultaneously. There is the grilling grate so that you can add the wood chips. It recommends to using the real chips to increase the flavor.
For the small patio or apartment balcony, the Char-Broil TRU-Infrared Patio Grill is a right option. Despite the compact design, it has full of the essential features and the affordable price.
- Small foot-print
- No flare-ups
- Save on gas use
- Consistent heat over grill area
- Easy to keep clean
- Evenly cook
- Lighting with the electronic ignition is tricky
- It gets hot
5. Char-Broil TRU-Infrared Patio Bistro Electric Grill
Another compact model that you can consider selecting for your apartment is the Char-Broil TRU-Infrared Graphite. It has also owned the optimal features like other grills.
The model helps to eliminate the cold and hot spots effectively due to being equipped the infrared cooking system. That’s why you can easily get the tender foods because of cooking evenly.
To satisfy the customer that can comfortably cook your favorite foods, the manufacturer provides a dial with the high precision. Averagely, you can complete 1750 watts of the electric burner. It is good enough, isn’t it?
With the 320-square-inch cooking area, you do not meet any difficulties if you want to grill 8 or 12 hamburgers. This shows that its capacity is not as small as what you look at.
If cleaning is also one of the considerable problems when choosing to buy a grill, you can have peace of mind on this. You are easy to clean the Char-Broil Graphite. The porcelain material that coats the cooking grates helps to resist the rust.
I have a conclusion on this grill – a good sufficient grill. If you want to get the juicy foods, it is okay. You do not need to simmer at the low-temperature to keep your foods without dry. Especially, it is ideal for a compact living space. Are you living in a location like that?
- Cook well
- Very easy to use
- The surface temperature is hot (5500F)
- Small foot-print
- Very sturdy
- It assembly isn’t too difficult
- Heat up over a longer period of time
- Loose on high temperature
6. Char-Broil Signature TRU-Infrared 325 2-Burner Cabinet Liquid Propane Gas Grill
What options for the master griller? You need a smaller size, don’t you? How is the Char-Broil Signature TRU-infrared 325? This is a gas grill along with the high performance. Let’s see!
The most prominent feature is its size. If you often organize the outdoor parties, the 325-square-inch primary cooking area and the 120-square-inch warming rack will be ideal. Both are coated porcelain to ensure the durability throughout using.
Continued from that one, there is the TRU-Infrared cooking technology, which controls the cold and hot spots on the cooking surface. Owing to that, don’t have to use more gas and take more time to cook.
Besides, to balance the heat better, the burners are built in the 443 stainless steel. This one supports you very much while cooking, especially, when adjusting to deliver the low or high temperature over the grate.
Hence, if the surefire electronic ignition contributes to helping you sync the burners and starts quickly, the equipment of dual fuel allows you to convert from propane to gas without having any difficulty. Plus a temperature gauge with the porcelain coat, controlling the heat becomes simpler than ever before.
At last, this is an ideal grill for those who want something to look nice and durable. To minimize the bulk of the product, the design of the side shelves is foldable, so it is very beneficial to store the grilling tools. Don’t ignore this model if it can meet your needs!
- The cabinet is nice
- Very easy to use
- The size is perfect for 2-4 people
- It cooks very evenly
- Heat up quickly
- Not difficult to put the parts together
- The temperature only reaches 6500F
- It seems difficult to clean
7. Char-Broil Signature TRU-Infrared 420 3-Burner Cabinet Liquid Propane Gas Grill
Throughout the years, the infrared grills have not constantly improved. The Char-Broil Signature TRU Infrared 420 with 3 burners also inherits the advantages that an infrared grill should have.
Actually, it has owned the optimal features. One of them is a large size ~ 420 square inches. It means that you need to have a big space to use and store it.
As a proportion, the larger the size, the larger the grilling space will also be. It provides 155 square inches of the warming rack. You can grill most your favorite foods, ribs, steaks, pizzas, for example.
An amount of BTUs that a side burner brings ~ 13,000 BTU’s. You are easy to get the high performance during cooking. And then, to simplify that, the manufacturer continues to provide three tube burners with the stainless stain. Not it only withstands the high temperatures, but you can also control the temperature easily.
Starting the Char-Broil 420 is relatively simple. The model has a push button that helps to start all 3 burners. Once you have lit it, the TRU-Infrared technology will directly heat to your foods. All foods are juicy and moisturized with the even heat.
The product also involves an enclosed cabinet to store the items, in particular, sauces, grilling tools, wood chips, or rubs. It is pretty mobile and stable when moving because of being placed on four casters. Whether you are not strong enough, no problem.
- The even heat is good
- Very nice
- Very tasty
- Smoke very well
- Heat up quickly
- Infrared technology helps reduce flare up
- It is not easy to clean
- There is little difficult to put together
8. Char-Broil TRU Infrared Electric Patio Bistro 180 Grill
The beneficial features have to come with the affordable price. And you prioritize to consider an infrared grill based on the reasonable cost, but it still makes sure the quality. Okay! I will introduce to you – the Char-Broil TRU Infrared 180 Bistro Grill.
You will not meet some trouble such as taking more time to start a charcoal and getting the juicy foods with a gas grill when using an infrared grill. Why? The infrared heat is even. It helps eliminate the cold or hot spots, so your foods both are juicier and avoid the flare ups.
Even though it requires having an outlet to plug in, you will not meet the big problems related because the dial-control plugs are removable. Everything will be okay when having the 120-V power outlet. With the grilling power, the numbers of watts can reach are 1500.
The power is big and the temperature is not also low. The Char-Broil TRU-Infrared 180 has been equipped the temperature gauge ~ 550 degrees F. The part is coated a porcelain layer to protect it from the outside bad weather, so you can set your mind at rest when using.
The compact model with 245 squares inches of the cooking area should be suitable for a small space, deck, balcony, or patio, for instance. It seems that this is an advantage and a disadvantage. It is good for a narrow space, but it is not ideal for those who like a larger one.
- The warming rack is nice
- Heat up quickly
- The construction is sturdy
- Safe during use
- Easy to put together
- It gives a very good flavor
- It is difficult a bit to control the temperature
- There was a little trouble when cleaning
9. Char-Broil Performance 475 4-Burner Cabinet Liquid Propane Gas Grill
Being one of the reliable grill brands in America, the Char-Broil seldom never makes the consumer disappointed. The Char-Broil Performance 475 4-Burner Grill is a typical example.
This is actually an optimum product when providing four burners on a grill. If the cabinet offers 36,000 BTU’s, the side burner is 10,000 BTU’s. These numbers have contributed to showing the difference from other grills and are much bigger than the similar models.
Even, the cooking space is also very large. With the primary cooking area, you get 475.sq.in. I do not till say to the warming rack, which provides 175.sq.in. Yes, the numbers include the quality when they are coated porcelain.
Don’t stop here! The manufacturer continues enhancing the durability of the Char-Broil 475, by building in most parts with the stainless steel, the lid, cabinet, handle, and control panel fascia included. This one also creates a luxurious look.
To support the users that have the workspace, the model has equipped the side shelves. Plus, if you want to store the accessories, the cabinet consists two doors, so you are not difficult to access.
All in all, the product is optimal enough for those who take the quality into consideration, instead of the price. It promises to make you satisfy. Look at here, you can quickly start only with an electric ignition. What a convenient it is!
- It only takes 90 minutes to put together
- The parts are durable
- Easy to fix when having the problems
- Evenly cook
- Wheels for rolling around
- There was some trouble with cooking meat
- The design is pretty simple
10. Solaire SOL-EV17A Everywhere Portable Infrared Propane Gas Grill
If you ask me that which grills are portable, I am pleased to answer your question that is the Solaire SOL-EV17A Portable Infrared Grill. Look at its name, you can determine its small size.
The design is extremely compact. The grilling area only takes up 140.sq.in of your space. Nonetheless, it is not as small as you thought. This size is enough for you to place 6 pieces of the burger with the 4-inch size for each.
This is an American product, so it is very reliable. The grates are designed in a special way – v-grate. Accordingly, the flavor is significantly improved. Concurrently, the risk of flare-ups is almost eliminated.
It concentrates on the durability, so the manufacturer prioritizes to use the stainless steel and ceramic to build in this grill. Correspondingly, you can use it for a long period of time that do not worry about the rust or break as long as you clean it after each use.
Another outstanding point is the lightweight. It is about 15 pounds, so you can comfortably move it anywhere you want to grill without needing more force. It sounds that this model is suitable for those who are not too strong.
The last one you should know before choosing to use the Solaire SOL-EV17A grill is the infrared burner. Only with 3 minutes, you can begin grilling, searing or smoking your favorite foods. It is noticed that heat control is very good.
- Very hot for searing
- Quick heat up time
- Easy to operate
- Easy to use and clean
- The construction is sturdy
- The lid is not closed when cooking
- Too hot for cooking hot dogs
Why Should You Invest an Infrared Grill?
Any products have the certain value so that you can consider investing, an infrared grill, too. Apart from no trouble as a charcoal or the cheaper price than a gas grill, what are there?
- The first, it is a convenient appliance to cook. You will only take a short time to smoke, grill, or sear a variety of your foods such as fish, meat, turkey, poultry,…
- The above reason also explains the following one. Because of not taking more time to cook, a large number of people choose the infrared grill for the outdoor parties.
- The infrared grills have the different sizes in order to be able to be suitable for your living space. For a small apartment, there have the grills for the patio, rooftop, porch, or balcony. Even, with the portable models, you can carry it for your camping.
I believe that you will receive what you want when using the infrared grill.
By What Means Can I Choose a Right Infrared Grill?
A right product must meet the individual needs. With an infrared grill, there are some of the considerations that any consumers should also know before giving a decision.
In particular, there are the power and temperature settings. It is necessary to pick up a quality grill, which can allow you to set the heat within the standard range during the cooking process. Whatever you cook the meat or vegetables, you can easily get the desired temperatures.
At least, the chosen grill must have two burners or more. A variety of the burners will decide the food types that you can cook. In case you want to cook the various foods, your grill needs to have multiple burners.
The advanced grills often come with a myriad of the functions. Frequently, they have to include the cabinet, shelves to store the grilling tools, temperature gauges, the source of the convertible fuel, and more.
Most people afraid of cleaning after each uses a grill because there are plenty of oil, grease, left foods stuck on their grill. This one takes more your time and force. So, if possible, you should choose one infrared grill made from the ceramic or stainless steel to clean easily. On the other hand, they are also more durable.
Let’s remember that the expensive grills are not necessarily the best and vice versa. Therefore, in addition to your standard demands, the budget is also a problem. Consider the capacity that you can pay for a grill after choosing one with the relative features.
Warranty & Support
These ones are very important. For the products coming with a long warranty, you can avoid the risks related. Generally, the high-quality models will have from 5 to 10 years in warranty.
Yes, a good grill also needs to have the reasonable supports. For example, it provides the guide of setting. What’s more, through calls or mail, you can contact the manufacturer when needing the help.
Tips for Using Infrared Grills
To make sure that you can use your infrared grill for an extended period of time, it forces you to have to follow the tips below.
- Similar to other traditional grills, need to preheat your infrared grill before cooking. It ensures that your grill will be sterilized and expanded. Then, when cooking, your foods will not stick to the grill. Averagely, it takes about 5 minutes to heat the infrared grill.
- It needs to decrease the temperature when cooking the protein foods and vegetables. As known, the infrared grills often provide the high temperature throughout the cooking process. Essentially, the time to cooking the foods on the infrared grills are shorter than on the charcoal and gas grills. Exactly, take about 10 minutes to cook a chicken breast.
- Are you acquainted with the cooking time on an infrared grill? It would be best to equip a grill thermometer to make sure the accurate internal temperature.
- It recommends to using the heat at the maximum level. You ought to reduce about 30 percent of the setting temperature whether you are cooking the steaks. By this way, when you increase the temperature, your foods are not affected.
How to Clean Your Infrared Grill Properly
The best plan would be to clean your infrared grill twice a year. This will contribute to last your grill’s lifespan. If you do not know the way to clean it, let’s follow my instructions.
Initially, clean the electric/gas heating part. Remover all debris by using a brush. With the gas element, clean the openings of the burner.
Continuously, take the grate out of your grill. Begin to remove the debris of the foods with a stiff brush. Remember cleaning both sides. In a case of the grates made of cast iron or coated porcelain, utilize a softer brush to clean. The purpose is to protect the surface from etching.
For the time being, clean the surface of the infrared heat. Whatever what it is made from, you should also clean it in a gentle way. Next, use a nonabrasive cleaner so as to remove the tough stains.
Yes, cleaning your infrared grill has completed. According to some experts, they recommend to heating up your grill before cleaning. At the high temperature, the debris will be quickly break up. At that time, your task becomes simpler. Use a grill brush to clean all leftover stains.